These tacos are delicious. I used to hate beans but over the past year or so I have taken a liking to them. After I got over the texture I started enjoying the taste.
There are a few things I did differently to this recipe:
- cooked the black beans for a few minutes in a sauce pan before adding them to the rest of the ingredients (make sure you drain the beans too!)
- added minced garlic, salt and pepper to the black beans as they cooked
- used a regular onion because they are cheaper
- sauted the onions before I added them to the mixture so they weren’t as potent
- cooked them extra long to make sure they were crispy
I also did without the sour cream. It’s an unnecessary fat that actually takes away from the taste of the beans and other flavors.
Make these tacos and enjoy!